LM Communications 2022 Bracket Mania Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE, YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR STATE OF LEGAL RESIDENCE). REFER BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS.
YOUR ENTRY INTO ANY ASPECT OF THIS PROMOTION CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: The LM Communications $10,000 Bracket Mania Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the Eligibility Area who are 18 years or older (or the age of majority in the Player’s state of legal residence) as of the time of entry. The Contest is void in overseas U.S. territories, possessions, military installations, and commonwealths, and where otherwise prohibited by law. Employees, agents, successors, and assignees of LM Communications, Clark’s Pump N Shop, Community Trust Bank, Critter Control, and their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, underwriters, and Contest companies, any other participating prize sponsor, and any entity involved with or otherwise providing services or prizes related to this Contest, (all of the foregoing, together with Sponsor, collectively referred to as “Contest Entities”), and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, domestic partner, or spouse of any of the foregoing) and persons living in the same household as such individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to win.
- How To Enter: The Contest “Registration Period” begins on March 13, 2022 at 7:00 pm ET and ends on March 17, 2022 prior to the published tip-off time of the first game (game time TIME TBD).Registration for the Basic Game opens on March 1, 2022. At that time, you may begin creating your Basic Game Brackets if you wish, but you will not be able to populate your Basic Game Brackets with your picks for the 2022 Tournament (your “Picks”) and submit your entries until after the tournament seedings have been announced on March 13, 2022 (the “Seeding Announcement”). The period between the Seeding Announcement and the “Entry Deadline” (defined in Rule 3c below) is referred to in these Official Rules as the “Entry Period.”Registration is available via the station’s website, wlxg.com. To register for this Contest, visit the Website on your desktop/laptop computer, or web-enabled mobile device.
- Filling Out Your Brackets: The team seedings for the 2022 Tournament will be populated within the Basic Game Microsites shortly after the Seeding Announcement. At that time, if you are fully registered for the Contest, and have created your Entry Bracket, you must return to one of the Basic Game Microsites to populate your Entry Bracket with your picks. Note that the “play-in” games, scheduled for March 15 & 16, 2022, are not included in the brackets, and do not count towards a Player’s scores in this Contest.You have until sometime prior to the published tip-off time of the first 2022 Tournament game on March 17, 2021 (the “Entry Deadline”) to create your Entry Bracket, complete your Picks, and make revisions to your Entry Bracket.You will also be asked to predict what the final score will be for each team participating in the championship game of the 2022 Tournament (the “Championship Game”). Your prediction for the winning team’s score is referred to as your “Winning Team Score”; your prediction for the losing team’s score is referred to as your “Losing Team Score.” Your Winning Team Score and Losing Team Score are collectively referred to as your “Tiebreaker Answers”. The Tiebreaker Answers are optional, but will be used in the event there is a tie between two or more Players for any Prize offered in connection with this Contest; refer to Rule 6 below for more information. All registration information, final Entry Bracket selections, and Picks must be received by the close of the Entry Period. A user who has submitted the foregoing materials in keeping with the deadlines described in these Official Rules, and who is otherwise in full compliance with the eligibility restrictions and all other provisions of these Official Rules, is referred to as a “Player”.In the event that one or more teams participating in the 2021 Tournament change(s) for any reason after the initial Tournament seedings have been posted the Sponsor will update the Basic Game Microsite to reflect the changed team(s), and will make a reasonable attempt to notify participants of the changed bracket(s) by posting a notice of the change(s) on the Basic Game Microsite. At that point, it is the Player’s responsibility, prior to the Entry Deadline, to return to the Website to modify his/her Bracket(s) with new Picks for any game(s) affected by the changed teams. LM Communications will not automatically update any Player’s Picks in order to reflect the change in teams, so unless the user takes action to correct his/her Picks, any previously selected Picks affected by a change in teams may be deemed incorrect.For purposes of these Official Rules, “receipt” of an entry occurs when the game servers record your registration information and designated, completed Bracket(s) as described above. As described above, you may modify your Bracket(s), or designate different a Basic Game Bracket as your Contest Bracket, until the close of the Entry Period, at which point your selections become final.
- Conduct: By entering the Contest, Players agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. Players further agree to comply with and be bound by the decisions of the Contest Entities, which will be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, the Basic Game, any Sponsor website, or the 2021 Tournament; (b) violating the Official Rules; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PLAYER OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE BASIC GAME OR THIS Contest MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Prize: Sixty-three (63) games are scheduled to be played in the 2022 Tournament (the “play-in” games which determine the sixty-fourth seed are not counted for purposes of either the Basic Game or this Contest). The result of any game in the 2021 Tournament shall be deemed final based on the results certified by the NCAA prior to the commencement of the immediate next game in the Tournament, unless the NCAA undertakes review of the results of said game, in which case the NCAA’s final decision shall be determinative.THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE (1) PRIZE PER WINNER IN THIS CONTEST. The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, include additional prizing after these Official Rules have been posted; in which case Sponsor reserves the right to update these Official Rules to include descriptions of additional prizes.The following applies to all Prizes: Prizes may not be transferred or assigned except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Only listed Prizes will be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents or redemptions will be made, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize package with another Prize of equal or greater value in the event that the advertised Prize (or any component thereof) is not available. Reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, and/or surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of a Prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner of that Prize. Sponsor expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of the Prizes awarded. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any Prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply. For Prizes that include products or services from a third party provider, winner may be required to agree to additional terms & conditions imposed by the third party provider. Contest Entities will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
- Winner Notification: PLEASE NOTE THAT EVEN IF YOUR CONTEST BRACKET IS LISTED AS A POTENTIAL WINNER AT THE CLOSE OF THIS CONTEST, YOU HAVE NOT YET WON A PRIZE. A POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY CONTEST ENTITIES, AND MUST MEET ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE A PLAYER WILL BE CONFIRMED AS A WINNER AND A PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED.Potential winner(s) will be notified within approximately 30 days after selection date via email, U.S. mail, telephone and/or by overnight courier. The Grand Prize Winner (and other potential winners of prizes valued over $599.99) will be required to fully complete, sign, notarize and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”), together with any additional information (such as W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number, social security number or resident alien identification number), that may be required by Contest Entities. The information provided in potential winner’s Affidavit/Release must be correct, complete, and mirror the information provided in winner’s registration information, or potential winner will be disqualified. Except where prohibited by law, potential winner must return all such required documents by the deadline specified by Sponsor or Prize may be forfeited. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a Prize or fails to return the properly completed and executed Affidavit/Release or any other documentation as required by Sponsor, or if the prize notification or Prize is returned as undeliverable, Prize will be forfeited. Should such a forfeiture occur, the Prize will be awarded to the verified Player who scored the next-highest score among all Players according to the formula described in Rules 5-6 above, subject to the terms, conditions and limitations of these Official Rules. Winners of prizes valued over $599.99 will be issued an IRS Form 1099 which documents the value of the Prize for tax purposes. Any difference between actual value of a Prize and the approximated value of a Prize as stated in these Official Rules will not be awarded.
- General Conditions: This Contest is subject to the laws of the United States, including all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering, participants: (a) release and hold harmless Contest Entities, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Prize, participation in this Contest, or while traveling to, preparing for or participating in any Prize-related activity, and (b) except where prohibited, grant to Contest Entities the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations, in connection with the Contest.Except where prohibited by law, a winner’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for Contest Entities and their designees to use such winner’s name, address (city and state only), statements, photograph, voice and/or likeness for any advertising and promotional purposes without further notice, compensation, consideration, review or consent in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitations.
Limitations of Liability: Contest Entities assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, jumbled, garbled, or scrambled entries or communications, or for theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, entries or communications. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Basic Game, the Contest, or the 2021 Tournament, by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, data entered by participants, or registration in the Basic Game or the Contest. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, effects of hackers, software, email, Players, or browsers, whether on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing, that may occur (including but not limited to any such problems which may result in the ability to access the Basic Game Microsites or to process any transaction(s) in connection with the Contest). Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Basic Game, the Contest, or any of their respective components are not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or any other causes beyond the control of Contest Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Basic Game or this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Basic Game, this Contest, or the affected component thereof, and, in its sole discretion, to award Prize(s) only within that portion of the Player group not affected by the disruption, if any. In addition, should the 2022 Tournament be postponed, shortened, interrupted, modified, or cancelled for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to award Prizes at the time the 2022 Tournament is affected, or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Basic Game or the Contest.